Flashback Arrestors Type W-66S
Maritime authorities, such as the Norwegian Maritime Directorate, require the installation of flashback arrestors for acetylene and oxygen, as incorrect maintenance or use of gas welding equipment may cause flashbacks of various types. Normally these will stop in a well designed torch, and are only noticed as a popping sound in the torch. However, faulty handling, maintenance or gas pressure setting may lead to a penetrating flashback. This means that the gas flame passes back through the hose(s). In some cases it may also pass the regulator and ultimately reach the cylinder
| 302976 |
Old Product Number
| 606420 |
Old Product Name
| FLASHBACK ARRESTOR W-66 F/OXYGEN |
Directions for use
Full instructions for use are supplied with the units
The flashback arrestors supplied by Unitor are designed for use both with gas cylinders and gas outlet stations and incorporate several safety functions:
- Non-return valve preventing reverse flow of gases, thereby preventing a gas mixture from reaching pipelines or cylinders.
- Flame filter to quench the flame front of a flashback or a burnback.
- Temperature activated cut-off to prevent further gas supply in case of fire (activated if the temperature rises to approx. 100°C).
- Pressure activated cut-off to prevent further gas supply after a flashback (activated by the pressure shock in front of the flashback).
- Pressure relief valve to vent off excessive pressure in case of flashback or wrongly set working pressure (on W-66S only).